Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Belated Spring Cleaning

We all have to do it.  It gets to that time of year, and we look into our closets or our ahem, bathrooms and yikes!  How long have I had this dress or this unused but well intended hair product?
In my case, I moved into a new home back in early November, and needless to say, I'm still not entirely settled into my new nest.  So now that late spring, early summer is chasing me down like a relentless new best friend while I just want to sleep and catch up on movies, TV, and reading; I must greet the task at hand with a somewhat forced smile.
Let's face it it's not easy going through all of one's belongings.  There are endless memories in one's possessions, and sometimes it's just stuff, like tedious paperwork.  How do our lives become so messy so quickly while we're outside doing more important things?
I start small, and I do one thing at a time.  Yesterday was my closet, getting rid of clothes that no longer suit me, that I no longer wear, or what doesn't fit.
Believe me when I say the worst is probably yet to come.  Finding a place for everything.  I figure that when I get there the solution will come.  For example, if I need to go get a board to put necklaces on and hang on the wall, I can do that when I get to that, but I'm not doing it all at once.  Tortoise vs. Hare theory.
Eventually though the end product will be simplicity, systematic, and chic.  Hopefully I will have a little less stuff too, and definitely be able to find things far more easily too.

No comments:

Post a Comment