Friday, May 17, 2013

Brimfield

Thursday afternoon I headed to Brimfield, MA for some antiques hunting.  I was on a mission to track down some glass wear to repurpose as soap dishes for my bathroom.  I was about to give up when I came to a very unassuming tent and there they were two matching turquoise plates with a fun sort of texture on the bottom, and curving sides.  Perfect.

Picture to come.

Having never been to Brimfield before it was somewhat of an overwhelming experience shuffling through all the people and the amass of stuff.  But there was some interesting sights.  Old metal ceiling tiles repurposed into mirrors from a woman from Chelsea, NY.  At least 4 elephants and several carousel horses.  The oddities were amusingly abound.

Whether or not I would go again is hard to say.  The luxury of eBay and Etsy being so tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment