Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Far Too Long

It has been an incredibly long voyage.  One of personal self discovery.  I will spare the details, but needless to say this blog is finally going to get the attention it so deserves.

Recent things that have come to my attention:

The  new Great Gatsby movie is debatable.  See it, don't see it?  I love the clothes, can't stand the music.  The cast is well, to be expected, but it just doesn't feel quite historically accurate.  It's pushed a 1920s limit?  But if we throw all of those things aside and just look at the fascinating visuals then is it just grand entertainment at it's best, and can I, and the rest of us who uphold a certain standard of classicism tolerate it?

The MET ball was another extravagant event as of late.   I have to say I loved SJP's crazy headdress look, call me biased, I'll admit it.  Rooney Mara looked rather deer in the headlights, but it was soft and yet edgy at the same time.  As for Anne Hathaway, I don't know if blonde is her best hue, but that dress was sexy beyond belief.  Didn't really care for Kristen Stewart's jumpsuit, it just felt proportionally unflattering.

The movie, 42, about Jackie Robinson, if you're an American, and even if you don't like baseball, you should go see this movie.  Harrison Ford is well the naturally subdued and gruff Mr. Ford.  This movie is a grand part of our history that I never knew enough about.  Hopefully they did not take too many artistic liberties, it did not appear that way.  But almost twenty years before civil rights there were men risking their lives over a sport, and I didn't know this?

Over the past several months I have been bound to the books at school and investing my time in an internship.  I have not stepped foot in a store in I don't know how long, let alone browsed an online store.  Occasionally I might have glossed over a post on Facebook to see the latest trend, but I am sad to say somewhat fashionably out of the loop.  Now that summer is here I am getting back on the bandwagon.  It is me time.  So amongst the summer job search, I will be updating this as much as possible, and returning to my own personal projects.

Hello Summer 2013!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment